The training is held over 5 evenings: Foster carers need to attend all 5 sessions.
Date: 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 November 2017
Time: 6.30pm – 9pm
Venue: Clotworthy House, Randalstown Rd, Antrim
This workshop is aimed at fosters carers of young people 11 + and will explore the changing relationships during adolescence and the impact of these changes on the family unit.
This course is run over a 5 week period. The course will be ac-credited at an OCN level 2.
Learning outcomes for the course:
- Understand that carers and their relationship with a child changes as the child grows older
- Acknowledges the changes that a young person goes through during adolescence as well as carers own process of change
- Understand the pressure that families with adolescences experience in the home
- Understand the issues of power and authority within the home
- Understand the issues of power and authority within a family during a young person’s adolescence.