SOUTH EASTERN TRUST
A workshop for Foster Carers
The aim of this workshop is to explore the confidence, skills and challenges of raising and exploring difficult topics with children & young people and dealing with the reaction that can follow.
When exploring the concerns we have with our children, we may not get the reaction we expect from them; blockage, resistance, avoidance, non-compliance can be all too common reactions.
Rising concerns and opening up conversations about our worries can prove a challenging task.
This half day training session aims to help participants:
- Enhance their ability to approach difficult / sensitive conversations our children
- Improve skills and strategies for engaging them in conversations
- Help focus the conversation on the direction of change with a strengths based approach
- Help reduce resistance and reluctance that can arise in these conversations
- Explore our own attitudes towards sensitive/risk taking issues.
Presenter: Ed Sipler, Health Development Department, South Eastern HSC