Date: 7 December 2017
Time: 10am – 12pm
Venue: Ballymena North Business and Recreation Centre,
Cushendall Road, Ballymena
The course will explore:
- How is contact decided?
- Why have contact?
- Benefits of Contact for the child
- How to prepare children for Contact
- How to handle disappointment
- Strategies for dealing with Contact
- Where foster carers can get support
The training will also include a DVD presentation from Health & Social Care Foster Carers across Northern Ireland describe their own experiences and highlight some of the challenges associated with contact.
A birth family also share their personal journey through foster carer and discuss the role Contact had in their lives.