SOUTH EASTERN TRUST
The adverse effects of living with domestic abuse for children and young people are widely recognised as a child safeguarding issue. Consequently, many foster carers will face challenges which are linked to these experiences.
The training sessions aim to give foster carers a greater understanding of the impact of domestic violence on children’s health, education, emotional and behavioural development and enable carers to better support the children in their care.
Level 1 Training will look at:
- The prevalence of Domestic Violence
- The effects of domestic violence on parenting
- The experiences of children and young people who have lived with domestic violence
- The Impact of domestic violence on children and young people
- Support Services available.
Level 2 training will look at:
- The challenges facing carers when supporting children and young people who have experienced domestic violence
- Interventions to support children and young people who have experienced domestic violence.
Carers attending Level 2 should have attended Level 1 training
Presenters: Women’s Aid