SOUTH EASTERN TRUST
Dates: 17 and 24 May 2018
This training focuses on the role of men in foster care and identifies positive aspects of the role and emotional benefits for child.
- Illustrate the role of men in working within foster care
- To examine gender issues within the child care domain
- Explore societal / organisational pressures
- To identify and highlight that men can be very effective foster carers
- To examine feelings about abused children and the abusers
- To acknowledge risk of providing care to a child who has been abused
- To examine expectations and concerns for male foster carers
- To revisit and examine Safer Caring Policy.
Presenters: Co-lead by a male Social Worker & a male Foster Carer