SOUTH EASTERN TRUST
Who should attend; All staff and volunteers who have direct contact with Children or Young People and/or carers / parents and Adults known or suspected of posing a risk to children or young people.
- To recognise and respond to children’s and young people’s safeguarding issues
- To explore the various categories of abuse, and to enable staff to recognise the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- To gain an understanding of relevant Legislation
- To explore their own role and the role of others staff in relation to Safeguarding Children
- To draw on the ACPC policy and procedures in relation to referring child care concerns and to refer to policy in relation to the case conference process
- To contribute to the assessment and management of risk
- To assist in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Presenters: Trust Safeguarding & Child Protection Staff